Wrong?  Me?  Golly, I had trouble sleeping last night after reading that...!
  ; )

Your definition is almost word-for-word what is reflected in the CCO docs or
a textbook.  The docs say what the entry does, but say little about how or
why, which was the essence of the original question.  So, I wanted to frame
the overall concept in a way that is more easily understood.

I take for granted that most folks have gone to CCO to look at the
definition there, and did not feel it was neccesary to copy and paste that.
What we REALLY wanted to do is look under the hood and achieve an
understanding as to WHY, and how it might impact our network design
decisions.  (Like, don't use RIP or IGRP...?  :) )

Just for grins, the definition I prefer, from Jeff Doyle's book, pp765 "IP
Classless :  Enables classless route lookups so that the router can forward
packets to unknown subnets of directly connected networks."

Beyond this, I agree that your statment is correct, but somewhat incomplete
and therefore misleading.  The meat of the issue IMO is the paradigm shift
between Classful and Classless address space, routing and the ramifications
when it comes to early distance-vector routing protocols.

Have a good one,

Casey