>From what I understand (covering myself in case of flamage) Cisco is
partnered with Microsoft to use a paired down version of NT running on a
Compaq server as the LDAP server for their VoIP product.  It's what sets-up
and breaks-down the calls.
        - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Wigle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2000 3:34 PM
To: Cisco
Subject: IP Telephony Specialization

Dear Group,

At http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/767/spcl/iptel/req.html

one of the CCNAs has to be MCSE 2000.

Can anyone say how the Microsoft cert fits into IP Telephony?

I might have thought for IPSec and maybe VPN but I'm not up on how Win2000
relates to IP Tel.

I'm a MCSE 3.51/4.0 so I'll probably do the 2000 thing but I was hoping to
forego further M$ certs and carry on with more Cisco stuff.

Any ideas on why Cisco wants you to have a M$ cert??

Kevin Wigle
CCDP/CCNP/CSE/MCSE/CBE/CBI <- just too many to keep......