Legacy is a really stupid, over-used word. &;-) When I was writing my book,
my editor wouldn't let me use the word! We feel for you non-English speakers.

The term legacy comes from the work legate, which is a legal term for
bequeathing property or money. So no wonder people are confused!

Today the term means old, from the past, bequeathed by our ancestors, etc.

In your phrase "Rotary groups are considered legacy DDR," I think they are
trying to say that rotary groups are an old way of doing DDR. There are
newer methods.

Priscilla