"Yee, Jason" wrote:

> I can't ping or traceroute to my serial port , I suspect is access list but
> I am doing it on the router so it should not have any access-list issues
> right

Yee,

when you ping serial interface from the router, icmp-echo packets
travel over serial link to the other side where they are forwarded
to your router. Then, your router respond with icmp-echo-response
packets which travel the same path !

To clear this, suppose you have routers A and B on a WAN link:

    A <------> B

What is happening is:

1. You start ping on A
2. A send icmp-echo packet to B
3. B forwards packets to A
4. A answers and send echo-response to B
5. B forwards packets to A
6. You got '!' on A

So, access-lists on the other side of the WAN link play a role !

Hope this helps.

Saša, CCNP