Still struggling with this !!!!!!

I've the 3524 uplink port as a trunk port.
And set the 4000 port as a trunk port.

Now I'm getting nothing from cdp ?
However, users are still working away without any
problems.

Still cannot manage the 3524 switch. Still cannot ping
either way. When I put trunking on the 3524 the fibre
uplink changed from Blocking to Forwarding, however,
I've lost CDP now.

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Phil.