Nope, don't have anything backwards.

Don't have personal experience but a Cisco Study Group in Toronto have a
vlab.

In the "beginning" they were hooked up via Sympatico ADSL.

IP changed every three days or so.

They changed to Rogers Wave.

IP Address is the same.  As I said I'm a Wave user and have had the same IP
for over 18 months.

Now here in Ottawa, I have co-workers who talk about PPPoE, but they are
"recent" new users of Sympatico.  Things may have changed.

Your mileage may vary.

And a question about "ip address dhcp".  Probably fine to get that first IP
but will the interface track changing IP addresses?

My understanding of DHCP is usually at the halfway point of the lease, the
client requests a renewall.  In normal operations this would be
automatically given.

What happens in the cable modem world?  Is the lease expired forcing the
client to request a new address?

Kevin Wigle