Hello Everyone,

1.)       Could someone please advise me on the sort of routers suitable
for a home lab on a student budget.      Basically, the routers that
would give me enough confidence and experience to tackle most networking
jobs and pass all certifications up to ccnp and ccdp.
      After looking through cisco's sites, It's amazing how many
different routers are available.

and last but not least:

2.)     Our home network is sited behind a firewall, would this be a
hindrance for the router or can I still perform all routing as usual.
Or Would a better option be getting a second IP number and putting my
network on a different subnet than my roommates?
Plus we are on a cable modem connection with dynamic IP, although it
doesn't change frequently..

                                                Thanks Adedapo