Are you having an excessive number of collisions?  Why are you trying to
reduce them?  Collisions are there by design.  Off the top of my head I
forget what percentage of collisions is considered "Bad", but I believe it
was 20%.  Someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that.  Unless you are
seeing more than that or it's causing noticable performance problems, don't
worry about it.