One thing to consider, though, is how rapidly is the number increasing? Have
you baselined your network?

If *sometimes* you can't transmit because the carrier is busy, that's
normal. If all of a sudden you find that can't transmit because the carrier
is busy *very frequently*, then your utilization is going up for a reason
and you might want to find out what that reason is.

Of course, the other statistics Phil mentions would be going up dramatically
along with the deferred packets if this is your situation...

Dale
[=`)