Hello,

I am facing a very strange problem with my 2503 Router running IOS Version 12.0(4)T. >From time to time the router cpu load shoots up to 90-100% and its gives following message at console:

00:04:16: %SYS-2-MALLOCFAIL: Memory allocation of 1680 bytes failed from 0x31A97
90, pool I/O, alignment 0
-Process= "Pool Manager", ipl= 6, pid= 4
-Traceback= 31D1426 31D2150 31A9798 31DB784

Even after reboot the situation remains same. I tried shutting down eth0 and as soon as I shut down e0 the load drops but when I do "no shut down" it shoots again.

The situation continue for few minutes and then it starts behaving normal automatically. This  happened at least three times during the last week. I will greatly appreciate if someone kindly advise whats the possible problem and how to get out of this situation?

Regards,
Zafar