Yes, but a subnet mask and a wildcard mask are two entirely different
things, with two entirely different functions.

A subnet mask determines which portion of an IP address is the network
portion, and which portion is the host portion.

A wildcard mask merely indicates which IP addresses match a particular
addressing requirement.

Just to rant a teeny bit, it is unfortunate that in a number of the study
guides, wildcard masks are presented and treated as if they of necessity are
related to subnet masks. I.e. as an "inverse" of the subnet mask.  So if I
want to filter a network with an access list I use the "inverse" mask, or if
I want to place a network into the OSPF process, I use the "inverse" mask.

While I appreciate the difficulty of properly explaining the concepts, and I
particularly appreciate the difficulty most of us have in understanding and
internalizing binary math, the fact remains that the things implied in the
books and presentations I have read are wrong.  For example, in the
statement

Access-list 1 permit 209.100.100.64 0.0.0.63

All you are doing is permitting hosts with addresses in the range of
209.100.100.64 through 209.100.100.127 You may make assumptions about the
subnet mask associated with 209.100.100.64, but you might be wrong. That
access-list is valid, and matches that range of hosts, whether the subnet
mask is 255.255.255.0, 255.255.255.192, 255.255.0.0, 255.0.0.0, or
255.248.0.0  for that matter.  The mask is merely the means the router CPU
uses to easily match bits, using Boolean logic.

Well, enough ranting. Got things to do and wives to please. Enjoy the rest
of this deliciously long weekend.

Chuck