Phil,

May I give one small suggestion.  Don't do it in decimal form.  Use the
binary form.  This is the safest way and the easiest way. (some people will
disagree) I will show you how to do it fast and easy.

I do this before every exam that subnetting/supernetting may come up.

On a piece of paper, put in two roll of numbers

      192  224  240  248  252  254  255
128   64   32   16    8    4    2    1

Now lets do your question.
You need 10 + 1 = 11 IP address.  Look at the second roll of numbers to see
where 11 fall between.  To the left is 16.  16 -2 is 14 which is available
IP address for the mask of 240 (which is right on top of 16).

Now is the hard part. Under the second roll of number, put in the 0 and 1's
for the network.

      192  224  240  248  252  254  255
128   64   32   16    8    4    2    1
 0     0    0    0    x    x    x    x
 0     0    0    1
 0     0    1    0
 0     0    1    1
 0     1    0    1
and so on.

By looking at the binary, you will be able to see all the valid range really
fast and correct.

Remember, all the IP address, subnet mask, wide card mask, supernetting are
binary.  IF you do your math in binary, you don't have to worry about
conversion mistakes.

BTW.  if you get a question on subnetting, remember that to use your first
range of 1-15, you need to have subnet 0 in the config.

I hope this help.

Albert