From: Flem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: August 30, 2000 9:50:36 PM GMT
Subject: Re: Practicing DLSw

It is not a requirement that the DLSw local and remote
peer IP addresses are those of a physical interface .
Using loopbacks is a good practice .

Not sure if I have the topology right , is below the
correct diagram ?

                    R2
                 /       \
                /         \
               /           \
R4-------et1-R5-et0---et0-R0-et1-----R1
              \           /
               \         /
                \       /
                    R3

If yes and considering that you specify bridging on
eth0 on both R0 and R5 , than your setup does not make
any sense .

Can you check on the topology ?

flem

--- "Erick B." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The DLSw local and remote peer IPs should be the IP
> address's of the interface where the users are, and
> that interface needs to part of the bridge-group
> associated with dlsw. You can't make loopbacks part
> of
> a bridge-group.
>
> Think of it as building a IP connection between the
> 2
> interfaces.
>
> Ie: r0 eth1---<DLSw connection>---R1 eth0
>                       IP
> -E
>
> --- Jairo Nuvan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,I'm practicing DLSw in my laboratory, I have
> the
> > following problem. I am
> > configuring DLSw on an IP network, so that two
> LANs
> > can have NetBIOs and
> > directions of same IP network address space.
> >

> > R2
> > /  \
> > /    \
> > -----et0-R0-et1-----R1    R4-------et1-R5-et0---
> > \    /
> > \  /
> > R3
> >

> > The R0's config is:
> >
> > dlsw local-peer peer-id 192.168.1.1
> > dlsw remote-peer 0 tcp 192.168.2.1
> > dlsw bridge-group 1
> >
> > interface loopback 0
> > ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
> >
> > interface ethernet 0
> > no ip address
> > bridge-group 1
> >
> > interface ethernet 1
> > ip address 10.10.66.1 255.255.255.252
> > 1
> > router eigrp 1
> > network 10.10.66.0 0.0.0.3
> > network 192.168.1.0
> >
> > bridge 1 protocol ieee
> >
> > In router R5, the config is this:
> >
> > dlsw local-peer peer-id 192.168.2.1
> > dlsw remote-peer 0 tcp 192.168.1.1
> > dlsw bridge-group 1
> >
> > interface loopback 0
> > ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0
> >
> > interface ethernet 0
> > no ip address
> > bridge-group 1
> >
> > interface ethernet 1
> > ip address 10.10.66.5 255.255.255.252
> >
> > router eigrp 1
> > network 10.10.66.4 0.0.0.3
> > network 192.168.2.0
> >
> > bridge 1 protocol ieee
> >
> > In the routers R1, R2, R3 and R4, I have EIGRP
> > routing with ID 1 and I do
> > not have problems with reachability of the
> loopback
> > interfaces. When I use a
> > PC with an IP address connected to router R0 and
> > another one to interface
> > Et1 in R5, they cannot see each other with a PING.
> >
> > Can you help me, what is the problem in this
> > configuration?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > Jairo Nuvan

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]