Title: RE: Static Route Question

We are assuming the T1 is no longer there!?

-----Original Message-----
From: Nadine Langlois [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 2:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Static Route Question

To the Group,
     I currently have a situation where I need some advice or some
suggestions for where to look for information.  I have a client who is
an ISP.  I was called by a contact there and told to remove a static
route - it belonged to a customer who was using their T1 service but had
changed providers.  So I removed the route.  For the record, this is a
Cisco 2511 running IOS 11.1 over BGP.  The client then called back and
said that they could now not access the customer's web site or send them
e-mail.  I added the route back, but I can't figure out why removing the
static route caused them to lose these capabilities.  Surely you don't
need a static route to every web site's IP address to access it or to
send out e-mail.  I searched around on the web, CCO - looked through my
ACRC book and other routing books and didn't find an answer.  What am I
missing here?

Nadine