Ok here's the scenario.....

Multiple branch offices,( LAN, WAN> slowest 56k and  fastest oc3) and
cisco routers from 1900's to 3600's )

PDC, and a whole lota BDC's.  NT 4.0 PDC and BDCs; still wanna see the
those computers when I go into network neighbor hood.
BUUUUTTTTT.....Dell is now shipping all there new Pc's with win2k
professional, and refuse to go back to win9x for me. ((
ba*tards))....this causes me to have alota headache, cause win2k has
SNMP traffic enabled by Default when we get them...and now  I can start
to see all the new win2k machines in network neighbor hood.  This is a
problem due to security reasons and management and blah blah blah...and
there's NO possible way I can go, or tell the techy there to go to
disable SNMP traffic on all the new comps!!!....I was thinking about
goin to all the branch offices and config. the routers to block snmp
traffic ( port 161 off the top of my head ),

So is there any way i can block SNMP traffic on win2k professional from
the routers......cause i still wanna see the pdc and bdc's.....but this
is not too important...I just REALLY need to stop those win2k machines
from appearing on network neighborhood

" access-list 100 deny  snmp win2kpro"       hahah????

thanks

Deepak Sharma
MSCE  CCNA  ACT  A+
Ceridian Canada Ltd.