Ole,

Thanks for straightening me out.  I was misled by the Exam Cram book.  On
reading more about 802.1q in the Clark/Hamilton Cisco Lan Switching book I
see that 4 bytes are added.  Interestingly, they note that the IEEE has
formed a workgroup 802.3ac to extend ethernet maximum frame size to 1522
octets to take care of the baby giant issue.
Thanks again for increasing my understanding.

Tom

2019FB428FD3D311893700508B71EBFB2C5B5D@RWR_MAIL_SVR">news:2019FB428FD3D311893700508B71EBFB2C5B5D@RWR_MAIL_SVR...