The little switches have a limited MAC address table. If you know you have a
link where they're going to see more MACs than they can hold you set it to be a
'network' port and the switch doesn't learn MACs from there. This is meant for
a large campus environment where you have a 19xx serving a workgroup.  I've
worked on some real cluster (*#&$%s over the years and I've never seen a real
world situation where this would be needed.

   I'd like to hear from anyone else if they've been in some shop of horrors
where this configuration was required.

Daniel Boutet wrote:

> I was looking at the specs and it says that it supports 1024 MAC address. My
> understanding is that it is what the CAM table will support at one time.
> But the specs also states:
>
>     "Unlimited MAC addresses support on configurable network port"
>
> This, I don't get. Can anyone explain?
>
> Thanks

> http://www.groupstudy.com/list/Associate-Announcement.html

"Just do the steps that you've been shown
 by everyone you've ever known
 until the dance becomes your very own" - Jackson Browne