So basically it's a "trunk link" that you set as a "network port"? Or is it
just any port that are basically not use a
whole lot and you do not mind having the broadcast whenever a MAC needs to
be learned so that way your CAM
table stays within the 1024 address range for the 1900's? Doesn't the CAM
work on a FIFO base?

I am still not too clear on this.
Also, what is the command on the switch to tell it that it's a network port?

"neal rauhauser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

>    The little switches have a limited MAC address table. If you know you
have a
> link where they're going to see more MACs than they can hold you set it to
be a
> 'network' port and the switch doesn't learn MACs from there. This is meant
for
> a large campus environment where you have a 19xx serving a workgroup.
I've