Well, I took a real quick glance but here are a few questions for you that
may help you out:

1)  Why have you selected the IETF encapuslation type?  Are you dealing with
Cisco and some other vendor?
2)  As far as the Up-Down situation, have you verified the source of network
clocking?  What type of router-csu/dsu combination is in place?  I would
check the source of clocking again verify whether or not there is an issue
with the settings on your csu/dsu.