If you check the output from the router:

LMI enq sent 18, LMI stat recvd 0, LMI upd recvd 0, DTE LMI down

this shows that the router is making LMI enquires of the switch [LMI enq
sent 18], but is not receiving replies [LMI stat recvd 0] - ie. the LMI has
not been activated on the local link.

At the opposite end things will appear OK as the router has the LMI
activated at that end.  Use show fr map to see if dlci 659 has mapped to a
different IP address.  Remember that the dlci number only has local
significance, they do not have to match at both ends.  I agree with Omar
that it is likely that the pvc's are misconfigured if you are active on one
end and not the other.

Get the service provider to confirm that LMI is activated, if your interface
does not go up and up, get them to put a loopback to you, and sh int to see
if it loops.  If it does not, it is likely that they have not cabled the
opposite end of your line in the exchange.  Once the interface goes up and
up, the LMI stat recvd will increment with the LMI enq sent.  This will
confirm that the router is talking to the switch.  Then you can use sh fr
pvc to see which pvcs have been built, and sh fr map to see what they can
see at the opposite end.

Cheers,

Si

"Omar Baceski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> i suspect that the problem is at the FR switch...
>
> if you remember the dlci status are:
> active: both ends and switch working
> inactive: near end and switch working, remote end dead
> deleted: the switch does not recognice the dlci number.
>
> i can see that in one of your routers you have an ACTIVE dlci, so it must
be
> up with another peer. maybe you have a misconfiguration in the switching
> table at the switch...
>
> i hope it helps.

Serial0