>>>SNIP
Also, it's
 pretty clear that the question is about who
 retransmits the original frame,

I didn't think that the question was that clear, and
produced my previous response from the argument that
who transmits the next frame on segment B is
independent of the conversation taking place i.e from
comp 1 to 2.

If we define "original" frame as the first frame
transmitted from computer 1 then obviously this cannot
be the same frame as that which would exist on segment
B (different CRC), therefore the "original" frame
could not be re-transmitted. If however, the
"original" frame is the first frame from router B then
the answer is more obvious and I agree.

Regards,

Phil.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]