Hi, all,

Sorry for the cutesy subject header.  I just got aholt of a Pix firewall; t
was laying the office and I stumbled over it on my way to the vending
machine to pick up some Oreos.  After I ate my Oreos (a little stale, thanks
for asking), I realized that this was a Pix firewall!  I am 100% new to the
PIX, but that's irrelevant...

I immediately put it on our network like this:

My laptop  <-----> Ethernet 1  PIX Firewall  Ethernet 0 <------->Catalyst
2900XL

Anyways, I am going to learn it, adn learn it good.  My question is:  can I
set up any of the interfaces to dynamically acquire an IP address via DHCP?
I want ehternet 0 to acquire an IP address from our DHCP server.

If the PIX supports it, I will put a DHCP server on it to service my laptop
on ethernet 1.  if it doesn't I am going to statically assign an IP address
to teh laptop and to ethernet 1, and run NAT to translate between
inside/outside addresses.

What am I trying to accomplish?  Nothing, just a learning experience for me.
Time to upgrade the image!

TIA,

Charles