From: "Scoles, Damian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: CDP Confusion
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 19:20:03 -0500

I am trying to figure out exactly what CDP does.  IF I understand it
correctly it simply finds fellow cisco devices on the network (switches,
routers).  What I am confused about is that I read somewhere that it can
pick up the layer 3 (or was it layer 2?) address on interface cards on the
devices it discovers.  If this is true and 2 routers, who are in the same
network, discover each other, could they route packets to each other without
a routing process installed?  Thanks.

http://profiles.msn.com.