"Scoles, Damian" wrote:

> routers).  What I am confused about is that I read somewhere that it can
> pick up the layer 3 (or was it layer 2?) address on interface cards on the
> devices it discovers.

CDP includes information on layer 3 addresses etc. but doesnt use them
to transmit the CDP frame, so its a layer 2 protocol, that just makes a
note of layer 3 info and lets the other routers its sent to know so they
can put the extra info in their cdp tables.

TTFN
Lauren

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   Lauren Child, BSc. CCNP-ATM & CCDP Certified
http://www.laurenchild.net/  http://www.routerfaq.net/