From: FRS [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 7:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: LAYER 3 SWITCHING

I need some help in understanding Layer 3 Switching.

1. What does the process Layer 3 switching refer to?

2. Is it packets or frames being switched out of interfaces or ports?

3. Using the 2948G-L3 as an example, how is the switching determined - by
Routing table or CAM table?

All help is appreciated.