Being assigned PI space does NOT guarantee global routability.  See RFC 2050.

In the real world, prefixes shorter than /21 will probably be
globally routable.  Indeed, /24 may very well be routable. Hint:  do
NOT call a /24 a Class C.  Registries and providers get very
suspicious of addressing plans
in which everything falls on a /24 or /16 boundary.

But the address registries -- APNIC, RIPE NCC, and ARIN -- do not
control what prefix length filters are implemented by providers.  No
organization guarantees global reachability, because no organization
controls global routing.

Incidentally, the registries may differ in other policies.  RIPE NCC
now requires that you must register your routing policies before
being assigned an AS.

It's not even as simple as length.  Some filter policies are on the
NANOG web page.  A given carrier, for example, may permit a /24 from
the 192/8 "traditional" or "swamp" space, but not permit a /24 from
more recently assigned blocks for which people are expected to know
about CIDR.

Unfortunately, a lot of this real-world global routing conventions
are not well documented.  My understanding of them began with
RIPE-181, which was superceded by RPSL.  That simply taught me the
language.  A good working knowledge comes from daily reading of
NANOG, RIPE, and APNIC mailing lists, and, even then, I need to
discuss policies with every specific provider involved in a
particular peering situation.

There's good news, I suppose, that Cisco certifications and global
routing practice have little to do with one another.
There's bad news, I suppose, that Cisco certifications and global
routing practice have little to do with one another.

Guilherme Spolidoro wrote,

>If APNIC gave you only a single class C, yes.
>
>The bottow line is: you need to follow the APNIC rules. If they assigned a
>class C to you is because their current rules for that class C range is to
>assign on a /24 manner. Most likely they have other blocks of class C that
>they assign on CIDR mode.
>
>Does it help?

  • Re: ... Kevin Welch
  • Re: ... Howard C. Berkowitz
  • RE: ... Spolidoro, Guilherme
    • ... Patrick A. Morin
  • RE: ... Benny Leong (HTHK - Senior Engineer II - iServices Development, NNSD)
    • ... Martin-Guy Richard
  • RE: ... Spolidoro, Guilherme
  • RE: ... Yee, Jason
  • RE: ... Benny Leong (HTHK - Senior Engineer II - iServices Development, NNSD)
  • RE: ... Spolidoro, Guilherme
    • ... Howard C. Berkowitz