one idea to build your network is to use HP OpenView Network Node Manager
downloadable for free (60 days trial) at
http://www.openview.hp.com
It will draw the network map and give you plenty of information if you have
snmp enabled on the equipment

Gabriel Neagoe, GN379-RIPE
Networking solutions consultant
Cisco Certified Network Professional