I'll agree with Jeff in that Napters/Scour or any client/server technology
can use HTTP to transfer files across most firewalls.

But even with MIME content-type filtering, this would not prevent someone
from sending a MP3 declared as a GIF between custom "web" clients and
servers.

The only way fully block Web based Napster types is to look inside the
MIME files further to detect MP3 patterns (are there any?) in the files
(yuck) or return to text only (with tags of course).  There goes the GIFs
:-)

Or we can adapt to the situation and seriously examine of efficiency and
cost of the current music distribution "INDUSTRY". Personally, "I want to
pay for the songs I listen and I also want to pay for people creating
playlists. Lastly, I'll pay for the delivery (the Internet), [has anyone
figure out what a 10 minute songs costs in terms of bandwidth? MP3 would
chew up our link if we didn't limit it through QOS.] I'll give each of
these portions of the music delivery a few cents"
In sort: "Take the INDUSTRY out of the RECORDING"

nuff rambling.

 The Internet: Resistance is futile, you have already
 been assimilated  :) [EMAIL PROTECTED]