Dunno about a book, but CCO's Command References (as opposed to the Command
Summaries) cover most of the output reasonably well.
E.g.
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/rbkixol.htm

for IOS 12, or
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios112/112cg_cr/index.htm

and drill down for IOS 11.2

It doesn't cover every possible field of output for every command by a long
shot, but it generally gives explanations of the major fields you're likely to
encounter.
I'd be mildly surprised if this was produced in hardcopy for the whole IOS
(there may be books on specific sections I suppose, e.g. dialup), as I have a
hardcopy of the command *summary* for IOS 11.3 and it's 8.5" by 11" by 2" thick
(excuse the imperial measurements).  The command references have a lot more
information than the summaries.
For comparison, the hardcopy command summary for IOS 9.1is 5" by 7" by 0.5", and
from memory the command summary for IOS 10.something was 5" by 7" by about 1.5".

JMcL

---------------------- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 12/10/2000 08:46 am

"Lance Warner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 12/10/2000 02:32:21 am

Please respond to "Lance Warner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>