> Subject: Re: Sending a break on NT4  system
>
> Paul,
>
> If you haven't upgraded Hyperterm, then you should.
Hyperterm straight off the CD has a bug in it.  I bet you can
guess what that bug is....<

I guess I did not state myself clearly enough, so here goes:

> > The version of hyperterm that ships with NT4 is version 2.0.

[ That is the version that comes on the CD, which you alluded
to in your post above]

> > It is not capable of sending a break to the router.

[This would also be what you alluded to in your post about
the "bug"]

 I would
> > recommend that you go the following web site to get a newer
> > version of hyperterm.
> >
> > www.hilgraeve.com
> >
> > I use version 4.0 (Private edition), and it works fine.

[Version 4 is an upgraded version of Hyperterm from the
original version that shipped on the NT4 CDs.  Keep in mind,
there are licensing issues on the newer forms of hyperterm.  If
it is for private use, it is free for a download.  If it for
business use, then there is a licensing fee]

HTH,

Paul Werner