> Robert McIntire wrote:
> I'm working with a used 2514 router with an unknown enable
password.  I've tried the standard break technique but can't
abort the boot sequence.  I believe that break may be
disabled.  I'm using Win NT 4 and hyperterminal to connect to
the console port and am able to connect and SHOW VERSION.  I am
getting terminal feedback.  I've used CTRL-BREAK AND CTRL-SHFT-
6  to no avail.  How can I access ROMMON mode and change the
password?

> Is there a jumper on the system board that can be used to
circumvent the password and access the router for configuration?

> Any advice is appreciated,  Thanks

The version of hyperterm that ships with NT4 is version 2.0.
It is not capable of sending a break to the router.  I would
recommend that you go the following web site to get a newer
version of hyperterm.

www.hilgraeve.com

I use version 4.0 (Private edition), and it works fine.

HTH,

Paul Werner