From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]  On Behalf Of
alex campbell
Sent:   Thursday, October 12, 2000 10:48 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        3548 vlan configuration

Hi

Just a quick question, I have a brand new 3548 xl switch. I have set up
trunking between this and my catalyst 5500s. (I have 2 cat 5500s already set
up with isl, and each 5500 can see all 10 vlans)
the 3548 can now see the vlans as well..
all well and good, except the commands to set ports to a specific vlan on my
cat 5500s i.e. set vlan 1 4/5 (or whatever) dont work on this 3548, which i
know uses a different ios.
could someone please tell me how to configure a port on the 3548 so that it
is on a different vlan that is on the default...
set vlan does not work.
regards
mark