I disagree, I know of plenty 2 and 3t1 customers of a former employer that
pushed aggregate bandwidth in excess of the 1.5megabits you claim.  In
those cases, I occasionally got calls from managerial types that wanted
to see symmetric graphs.  If both circuits are being used, thats good
enough for me.  Your argument only makes sense if for an individual
established connection, bandwidth greater than that provided by 1 circuit
is not enough.

        Brian