Good evening everyone.  Well, I'm here on my Sunday night trying to figure
out a problem I'm having with some of the newer PowerMacintoshG4's and their
interactions with a Catalyst 5500.  For some reason the Macs always come up
without their AppleTalk(EtherTalk) connection up as it was before a restart.
A message that basically reads, "your appletalk connection has become
available, you must open your appletalk control panel and close it again in
order to activate the connection".  So, I thought that maybe, possibly, it
could be a STP issue on the Catalyst so I set it to port fast...  the
problem still occurrs.  So while I think the problem is with the MacOS I was
curious if anyone has run into the same problem and if they knew of a
solution...  I took a look around CCO and the closest thing I could find was
that I should, perhaps, upgrade the software on my supervisor engine...  But
I'd rather not just jump into that one.  :-)

Hope everyone had a good weekend,

Dave

CCNA