Title: COLT tests
My opinion of them is that they only confuse the issue. I counted over 15 questions on the CIT-Pre exam that either had no correct answers listed or had wrong answers; I even took the test OPEN-BOOK to try to get through it. There is a very good reason that these questions are not on the real exam (badly-worded questions, no correct choices, nebulous questions, badly-worded answers, questions so detailed and obscure that they require a Cisco white paper or field notice to answer, etc.), and no one has made any attempt to improve them. What is amazing about some of them is that they are direct mis-quotes from some of the Cisco-Press books, and some were paraphrased incorrectly and unintentionally changed the meaning. It is my belief that these questions were not written by Cisco but rather some hired third-party who didn't understand the material they were asking about (let's hope that this is the case, or else they are a real embarrassment to Cisco!). I had to inform Cisco that the CIT-8/28 exam wasn't even showing the gifs (they have since fixed that at least). Don't use this resourse to make a decision on whether you are ready for the real exam, just use it as a reference to make sure that you have covered the material. The real exam has a few nebulous questions, but not to the extent that the assessment exams do.

Regards,
MLC
They are practice beta exams that are avaialable to cco login users. No charge, excellent rescource!

Hi all!

I would like to know what is the finality of the COLT tests. May I have to paid for this or is only a simulation of a test?

Thanks in advance.

Ricardo Ciganda
Dpto. de Sistemas
Bytemaster Servicios Informaticos S.A.