backup interface does not just refer to dialup. It is a common practice to
use this kind of dialup backup as it is cheaper.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cristi Piatnitchi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 18 October 2000 14:56
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: 2 line: the best solution ?

Hi all

I have 2 leased line (64kb) one of them working with voice and data and the
other one just with data. 2 Cisco routers. I want to set-up these lines to
work toghether. Which one is the best solution:

router ---------------------------------  router
\-->Multiplexor----------Multiplexor<----/
      ^                      ^
      |                      |
      |                      |
    voice                 voice

-load balancing (with EIGRP)
-splitting the traffic using queues
-it is possible (as somebody from this list already sugested me) to setup
the second line (voice/data) as a backup line for the first one even though
there is no dial-up ? (I understood that  this command (back-up) is for a
dialu-up backup line.
-is there a solution to separate the traffic so than the request to go
trough a line and the response to the same request to arive on the second
line ? (u know, to separate upload/download traffic)

Any other idees ?

Thanks in advance
Cristian