Have you considered putting voice on one of the links and data on the
other? If you mix voice and data on the same 64-Kbps link, you may have too
much delay for the voice.

On slow links, serialization delay is a significant factor. Let's say
someone starts an FTP transfer at the same time the president of the
company starts a voice over IP (is that what you use?) call to the company
executives. FTP uses 1500 byte packets. While the serial port it outputting
a 1500-byte packet, (which would take 188 milliseconds), your voice packet
is waiting. Since one-way delay is only supposed to be 200 milliseconds for
voice, you're already in trouble.

You could use fragmentation to chop up the 1500-byte packets. Both PPP and
Frame Relay support data-link-layer fragmentation. (not sure what you have)

You may want to study your traffic a bit more before designing a solution....

Priscilla