Steve,
     Without CLI access your going to struggle.
Q : How far does the traceroute get, from the send
node ?

try  rfc 792 ICMP
http://www.landfield.com/rfcs/rfc792.html

>> SNIP from RFC 792

      If a host reassembling a fragmented datagram
cannot complete the
      reassembly due to missing fragments within its
time limit it
      discards the datagram, and it may send a time
exceeded message.

      If fragment zero is not available then no time
exceeded need be
      sent at all.

Good luck,

Phil.