All,

I am facing a similar issue and did some preliminary research. Hope you have
already tried this!?

1. PMTU Black hole detection on the NT Server
2. Upgrade the NT server to latest Service Pack
3. Verifying that ICMP unreachable are reaching back to the NT Server
4. Decreasing the MTU size on NT server
5. Increasing the MTU size on the Routers

Out of the above option 4 and 5 depends/impacts the other system an LAN and
WAN. But option 1, 2 and 3 can be tried. The following links provide
sufficient information to implement the same.

Why Can't I Browse the Internet when Using a GRE Tunnel?

PMTU Black Hole Detection Algorithm Change for Windows NT 3.51
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q136/9/70.asp

Adjusting IP MTU, TCP MSS, and PMTUD on Windows and Sun Systems
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/105/38.shtml

Windows TCP/IP Registry Entries
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q158/4/74.asp

Vijay