There are a couple Cisco documents that talk about 192-kbps for ISDN BRI,
but I think the authors of these documents confused the specifics of Layer
1 signalling on the S-Bus with overall BRI ISDN.

Here's what I found by doing some quick research outside Cisco's site. I
hope it's from reputable sources:

In the case where S and T are coincident, NT1 is connected to a TE1 or TA
by means of a passive bus called the S-Bus. The Layer 1 protocol on this
bus uses frames that comprise 16 bits from the B1 channel (transmitted at a
rate of 64 kbps), 16 bits from the B2 channel (transmitted at a rate of 64
kbps), 4 bits from the D channel, (transmitted at a rate of 16 kbps) and 12
framing bits (transmitted at a rate of 48 kbps). This is equivalent to a
total throughput of 192 kbps.

In the US, we use the U interface, not the S/T interface. Once again, if
the sources I found are reputable, then the transfer rate when the U
interface is used is 160 kbps.

Anyway, if you get a question with both the 192 and 144 answers, you're
screwed, but I don't think you will. I think the tests are written such
that the right answer for the transmission rate of BRI is 144 kbps.

Priscilla