On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Chuck Larrieu wrote:

> Speaking of evil test creators, the one I've always wondered about is actual
> T1/DS1 throughput. I believe serial lines are full duplex. So NOW what is
> the REAL bit rate?  ;->

1.536Mbps is the actual usable bit rate of a clear channel t1.  8 bits is
used for framing.  Yes that is in each direction.  But if a circuit has
1Mbps incoming and 1Mbps outgoing, you still usually just call it a 1Mbps
fdx, instead of 2Mbps........at least I do.  I know some peole refer to
100bT fdx as 200Mbps........but I think its more accurate to say 100Mb/s
fdx.

Brian