1) Get a DSL Line, or a lease line with constant connection to the internet,
buy a firewall that supports VPN, Cisco Firewall, Sonicwall, Checkpoint,...
2) Setup a PDC on the main office, and Setup a BDC on each remote office.
3) Buy a SOHO VPN/firewall device for each remote office
4) Implement a WINS Server on Main office. Create LMHosts files on each BDC
to point to the PDC. If implementing a BDC on each office is expensive,
setup LMHOSTS files on each computer or enter in the address of the WINS
Server.
5) Celebrate ;-)

You'll like this project and it'll look good on your resume.

Kenneth