first, dns is only udp.
dns will establish connections by connecting TO port 53, but will connect from a port
>1023.
just allowing established connections will NOT work.
dns  server that your dns server queries will need to  open a connection TO your
nameserver.
you need to find a DNS server that everyone will use, and allow ALL ports >1023 on that
dns server to open udp connections to your nameserver.

if you want to learn from this, you need to go to the router with the problem, debug
security, and udp / tcp packets (as detailed as possible) and look at what is Being
denied and how you can fix it.