Thanks for the info. I was just getting sick of all the misinformation so I
over-simplified a bit and optimized for the most usual case. I was glad to
get your response, though, since you obviously have the Authoritative
Answer bit set! &;-)

So, why would a DNS query generate a response that would be larger than 500
bytes, though?? I am aware of the Truncation bit in the DNS header, but
have never seen it set. Just trying to learn. Thanks.

Priscilla