Hi,
 I'm confused on the subject of totally stubby areas, and the command "area
default-cost". From what I'm reading, one of the qualifications of a totally
stubby area is that if multiple exits (ABRs) exist, routing to outside the
area does not have to take an optimal path. Does this mean that each router
within the area picks the closest ABR as the gateway to everything outside
the area, and that there is no way to control the default route? If so, does
that imply that the area default-cost is used for incoming routes? Would
incoming routes even exits if the area was a totally stubby area?

 I would very much appreciate it if someone would please set me straight.

 Thank you.

Bob Hunter, CCNA, CNE