Sent: Tuesday, 14 November, 2000 10:43
Subject: % Connection refused by remote host

Help, what I am doing wrong here, when I try to connect to the remote router I got the following message % Connection refused by remote host
The command that I am using is telnet 2.2.2.2 2001
If try the host name it is trying to resolve the name of the host

Physical layout via OCTAL-ASYNC rolled cable 1 to console port on RouterA

TS-ROUTER -------ROUTERA

Configuration on the Terminal Server-Router
interface Loopback0
 ip address 2.2.2.2 255.0.0.0
 no ip directed-broadcast
ip host bo5lab1-rtredg01 2001 2.2.2.2
line con 0
 session-timeout 30
 transport input pad v120 telnet rlogin udptn
line 1 8
 session-timeout 20
 no exec
 exec-timeout 0 0
 transport input all
 flowcontrol hardware

Configuration on the Router that I want to connect to
line con 0
 session-timeout 30
 transport input telnet