Most likely the issue is with the config on the terminal server. Take a look
at the line with "show line" and see if there is a * next to the line you
have plugged into the firewall. If there is try clearing the line "clear
line _" then show the line again. If this fixes it, but the issue keeps
occuring you may want to add "no exec" to the line config.