Off topic, but from  a technical precision perspective, I have a feeling that the
correct term is "damping" not "dampening."  RFC 2439, the damping rfc, refers to the
process exclusively as damping.  It would seem that Cisco in both description and
command syntax, uses the term dampening, leading to this proliferation of innacurracy.

Dampening to me feels like I'm going to get my routes all wet :)  Of course, damping
has pretty much the same meaning in every dictionary I've looked at.

Of course, I really should find myself something more productive to research :)