ppp multilink is a way of packet load balancing (which is what I believe he
meant).  Both sides must be configured for ppp multilink and it handles the
packet splitting and reassembly.  Otherwise, you're just sending whole
packets through two or more paths of the same weight and the router doesn't
care about sequencing, only the sending and receiving nodes.

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNA, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+