Could anyone out there help me with the following issues? I am trying to
find out the power rfequirements for our systems.

1 - How much (48 Volts) DC current is needed for each of fully loaded
GSR12016 router, 6509 Switch and 7200 router? (6509 and 7200 with redundent
power supply   modules) (On cisco site they say 60 A max. for GSR but on
another site it lists 50 A max. for each power entry module. Now do all
power modules cosume the rated power all the time or some of them use while
others do not?)

2 - Can we give the power to active and redundent power modules from  same
DC power source?

3 - Do active and redundent power modules use the specified power
simultaneously? i.e. Does a fully loaded GSR12016 dissipate 200A power (50
A per power entry module)? or it uses 100 A power at any time. (active
power modules consume power while redundent modules dont consume).

In our environment we have one 480 A 48 V DC power source (4 x 120 A
modules). That means that if one of the source DC supply modules fail we
still have 360 A of power available. Do you think we are safe in connecting
3 x 7200 routers, 1 x 6509 switch and 1 x GSR12016 router to this single DC
current source? All of the 7200 and 6509 have redundent power modules and
we plan to connect all modules to this same source. Please suugest us of
the best practice for the power connections if you think what we plan is
not correct. Is it a good practice to rate the DC lines at 50 A maximum for
each DC power entry module for GSR12016 even if the GSR is not fully
loaded?

thanks,
sohail